Now that I have decided to listen to God and go on this trip my next BIG hurtle is funding it. The total trip cost is somewhere around $3,200 but the fuel cost is making it more. Having never done with before I asked my friend Tish how to being this task. She suggested sending out support letters to my friends/family asking for financial and prayerful help. So together we wrote a letter, I collected addresses and went to the post office and sent out 81 letters.
THIS is the hardest part of the trip. Trusting that God will provide the funds necessary is hard. I am a planner, I love to know all the details of something before I act, God is teaching me to wholly rely on Him for everything starting with this trip.
As of today, 1/3 of my total cost is paid for!
But the worrier in me is already freaking about how to raise the rest of the funds in the event that I stop receiving support from the letters. Praying for opportunities I have acquired a summer Nanny job through a referral at work and several baby-sitting gigs on the weekends.
Any ideas on how to raise more funds?
My mom has suggested a yard-sale; ask for people to donate items for the sale and combine it with own stuff with all the proceeds going toward the trip. What do you think of that idea?
Please pray for the funds for this trip, that they come swiftly and in God's will. Pray for me to wholly lay this in the hands of Jesus, to not worry about it unnecessarily. Pray for the others involved with this trip trying to get their funding together. And pray for the children in Peru that will be forever changed by this opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment