Friday, June 24, 2011

Orientation Packet

I received my trip orientation folder in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I immediately poured over trying to absorb it's contents and come to grasp that this trip is indeed real and going to happen.

Inside the folder are 3 different packets: Trip Details, Peru Travel Guide and Peruvian Culture Language and Orphan Culture guide.

The Trip details was for me the most exciting because it told me who I was rooming with, where we would be staying in Peru and which orphanages we would be visiting there.

We will be staying at Miraflores Colon Hotel in Lima and Royal Inka II Hotel in Cusco. I will be sharing a room with another lady by the name of Megan whom I've never had the pleasure of meeting...hopefully there will be minimal awkwardness since I've never met ANYONE going on this trip before.

The orphanages that we will be working with are:

  • Pamplona Community Center (130 kids from 1-16 years)
  • Nino Jesus de Praga Home (Boys 13 to 17 years)
  • San Francisco de Asis Community Center (118 kids from 2 to 18 years)
  • Reyna de La Praz Home and DOMI home ( 20 single moms, 21 babies)
  • San Ricardo Home (90 kids from 3 to 17 years)
  • San Antonio Home
  • CIMA home (Boys 8 to 17 years)
  • Santa Rosa Home ( 45 Girls from 13 to 17 years)
  • Nuestra Senora de la Misericordia Home 
  • Buen Pastor Home (55 Girls from 6 to 17 years)
  • Jesus Mu Luz (40 Boys from 8 to 15 years) 
They typical day is-

7:00am Breakfast
7:30am Devotional
8:00am Depart for Orphanage 1
12:00pm Lunch (Either boxed or at the orphanage) 
12:30pm Depart for Orphanage 2
5:30pm Return to Hotel
7:00pm Dinner

May the Lord bless our time there, with these children that we will meet and love on. Let him guide us in our interaction with not only the kids but the staff at the orphanages, restaurants, hotels and anyone we encounter.
I am so excited to be going on this adventure that at times I can't grasp the magnitude of what will occur in August. I will be apart of something so much larger than myself by simply giving shoes and running VBS. 


No comments:

Post a Comment