Before the kids arrived in we all danced and just relaxed before the chaos would ensue. The kids here were so loving and immediately hugged us and held our hands.
I sat with three little boys around 4/5 years old, so sweet. We all sang God is so big and danced together before they split in to color groups. One of the little boys was so upset about me want to follow him to the group that he latched on kicking any who tried to take him away. It broke my heart.
Fitting the kids was easy, my spanish is improving and expanding so that I was able to ask if they like them and that god loves them and that these shoes are for them. It was amazing to communicate with them and to join in their excitement to receive shoes like their friend or ones that light up.
We played monkey in the middle, soccer, keep away and simple chase all filled with laughter and pure joy. They simply giggled with you and smiled when you caught them in a hug. That kind of love ad joy is infectious, there is no way to not be affected making goodbyes that much harder when they reach in for a hug, tears and smiles and say "Ciao".
After the last kid was fitted. All returned to the big room and put on an authentic Peruvian dance for us, half way through the dancers grabbed people from the crowds to join in.
![]() |
| New Shoes!!! |
A little girl grabbed me and I danced with out thoughts of what anyone thought because in that moment that was my worship to God for blessing the kids and myself. 

I stayed behind the lines at the shoes station and didn't fit a single boy but witnessing their joy with their fitters was awesome. I reflected on my brothers and their attitudes and how grateful I am for my mom and how hard she works for us to live how we do. Some of them were asked what bad things in their lives that God has used for good? And one boy mentioned drugs and overcoming them and it reminded me of my cousin and how grateful I am that he is who he is but I also thought about my dad and how did not survive that struggle.
Everyone returned and we all sang and danced together. The couple of the boys stood up and thanked us for coming. I wept. They are so grateful and loving and accepting.
It was hard to leave. But we left with prayers in our hearts and know that Gods plans for them are just starting.





No comments:
Post a Comment